Want to help those poor sore paws? Follow these five key steps!
- Oil not water: moisturise with an oil-based (anhydrous) balm not cream! Water-based cream can really sting.
- Moisturise more! Take your balm with you wherever you go and keep reapplying throughout the day, especially immediately after washing your hands.
- Warm up: wash hands with warm - not hot, not cold - water to minimise dehydration.
- Go scent-free! Chose unperfumed products - whether it's your hand wash, hand cream or shower gel, avoid the fragrances that can flare up sensitive skin.
- Overnight treatment: apply ointment before you go to bed and wear thin cotton dermatological gloves overnight.
Balmonds Skin Salvation is the perfect all-natural moisturiser if your hands are sore and dry; it's made with humectant beeswax to draw in the moisture, EFA-rich hemp seed oil, naturally anti-inflammatory herbal tinctures of chickweed, nettle, chamomile and calendula, and is totally free from preservatives, perfumes, paraffin and other potentially-irritating synthetic ingredients. It doesn't even contain essential oils, which can flare up sensitive skin.
If your hands aren’t cracked and you’d prefer to use a cream rather than an ointment, try our award-winning Balmonds Intensive Hand Cream, which is rich in macerated oils of sea buckthorn, hemp, calendula, chamomile and safflower, and made in a shea butter base.
If you require medical advice we recommend you always contact your healthcare professional.
If you or someone you are caring for seems very unwell, is getting worse or you think there's something seriously wrong, call for emergency services straight away. For general medical advice, please contact your healthcare professional, this article does not contain or replace medical advice.
Do not delay getting help if you're worried. Trust your instincts.