Want to help those poor sore paws? Follow these five key steps!
- Oil not water: moisturise with an oil-based (anhydrous) balm not cream! Water-based cream can really sting.
- Moisturise more! Take your balm with you wherever you go and keep reapplying throughout the day, especially immediately after washing your hands.
- Warm up: wash hands with warm - not hot, not cold - water to minimise dehydration.
- Go scent-free! Chose unperfumed products - whether it's your hand wash, hand cream or shower gel, avoid the fragrances that can flare up sensitive skin.
- Overnight treatment: apply ointment before you go to bed and wear thin cotton dermatological gloves overnight.
Balmonds Skin Salvation is the perfect all-natural moisturiser if your hands are sore and dry; it's made with humectant beeswax to draw in the moisture, EFA-rich hemp seed oil, naturally anti-inflammatory herbal tinctures of chickweed, nettle, chamomile and calendula, and is totally free from preservatives, perfumes, paraffin and other potentially-irritating synthetic ingredients. It doesn't even contain essential oils, which can flare up sensitive skin.
If your hands aren’t cracked and you’d prefer to use a cream rather than an ointment, try our award-winning Balmonds Intensive Hand Cream, which is rich in macerated oils of sea buckthorn, hemp, calendula, chamomile and safflower, and made in a shea butter base.