If your hands are cracking under pressure, try this natural treatment regime to get them in soft, supple, well-hydrated condition!
- Wash with WARM water, not hot or cold!
- Swap out high-alkaline soap for a gentle, ph-neutral cleanser that won’t strip oils from your skin
- Find a thick, oil-based balm, not a water-based cream or lotion which can sting and aggravate irritation
- Use unscented hand balms and unscented cleansing washes: perfume is an irritant and can damage the skin’s barrier
- Choose products that contain naturally nourishing, EFA-rich oil like hemp, olive, rosehip, sea buckthorn, borage etc. to feed your skin with the nutrients it needs to repair itself
- Apply balm last thing at night and then wear thin, cotton, dermatological gloves while you sleep
- Keep reapplying your balm through the day; keep a small pot in your pocket or bag and set an alarm on your phone, so you don’t forget to moisturise
Balmonds Skin Salvation is the perfect all-natural moisturiser if your hands are sore and dry; it's made with humectant beeswax to draw in the moisture, EFA-rich hemp seed oil, naturally anti-inflammatory herbal tinctures of chickweed, nettle, chamomile and calendula, and is totally free from preservatives, perfumes, paraffin and other potentially-irritating synthetic ingredients. It doesn't even contain essential oils, which can flare up sensitive skin.
Balmonds Skin Salvation from £7.99 for 30ml
Balmonds Intensive Hand Cream from £10.99 for 50ml