Yes, you can have a shower with a new tattoo!
But be careful - and hold off a while if possible.
Take these precautions and your new tattoo should heal well:
- Listen to what your tattoo artist tells you! They know best what works for different tattoos, on different parts of the body.
- Wait 24 hrs until getting your new tattoo under a shower.
- Make sure it’s OK (see point 1!) to have removed any wraps before showering.
- Keep water luke-warm, not piping hot.
- Don’t use a power shower! You want only very gentle water pressure.
- Don’t direct water straight from the shower head onto the tattoo; use your hand to pour water over the area.
- Don’t use a flannel either; you want minimal contact with the healing skin.
- Use a soap-free, unfragranced body wash for sensitive skin to clean the area.
- Keep showers brief - no longer than ten minutes.
- Dry the tattoo by patting it very gently with a paper towel.
- Cover the tattoo with a thin layer of Skin Salvation immediately after drying
- Keep up this routine for 3 weeks, until the tattoo is completely healed.