Yes, you can have a shower with a new tattoo!
But be careful - and hold off a while if possible.
Take these precautions and your new tattoo should heal well:
- Listen to what your tattoo artist tells you! They know best what works for different tattoos, on different parts of the body.
- Wait 24 hrs until getting your new tattoo under a shower.
- Make sure it’s OK (see point 1!) to have removed any wraps before showering.
- Keep water luke-warm, not piping hot.
- Don’t use a power shower! You want only very gentle water pressure.
- Don’t direct water straight from the shower head onto the tattoo; use your hand to pour water over the area.
- Don’t use a flannel either; you want minimal contact with the healing skin.
- Use a soap-free, unfragranced body wash for sensitive skin to clean the area.
- Keep showers brief - no longer than ten minutes.
- Dry the tattoo by patting it very gently with a paper towel.
- Cover the tattoo with a thin layer of Skin Salvation immediately after drying
- Keep up this routine for 3 weeks, until the tattoo is completely healed.
Balmonds Skin Salvation
with hemp and beeswax
For customers from the USA and Canada
Order directly from our US website www.balmonds.com
If you require medical advice we recommend you always contact your healthcare professional.
If you or someone you are caring for seems very unwell, is getting worse or you think there's something seriously wrong, call for emergency services straight away. For general medical advice, please contact your healthcare professional, this article does not contain or replace medical advice.
Do not delay getting help if you're worried. Trust your instincts.