Directions for use:
If it’s a cold day then the ointment can be quite firm which can make it a bit harder to apply; this is perfectly normal and is just a quality of the natural beeswax we use. You can warm up a small amount of the salve in your hand or fingers before use; that’ll make it much easier to smooth on.
When applying moisturisers please remember to treat your precious skin with great care! Apply any emollients in the direction of your hair follicles to reduce the risk of further skin irritation or damage and try not to rub the skin.
If your skin is really dry and in need of some intensive hydration, it can be helpful to apply a good thick layer of ointment before bed and leave it on overnight. If you do this, we’d advise wearing old pyjamas as the salve can stain over time.
To reduce the risk of infection, use freshly-washed fingers or a spoon to scoop out the ointment and if you are using on infected skin, take care not to spread the salve from an infected area to other areas.
You can use Skin Salvation on any part of the body, including face, hands, scalp and feet, as thickly and as often as needed, and it can be used in conjunction with prescribed emollients and medicated treatments: just leave half an hour between applying different creams. You can also use the ointment as the emollient in an overnight wet wrap treatment, or apply the ointment to hands or feet last thing at night and put fine cotton socks or gloves on overnight to really boost the moisturising effect.
The ointment is safe for use on babies (from six weeks) and children, as well as when you’re pregnant.
As the salve is oil-based, please be careful when you’re out in the sunshine! We’d advise that you don’t apply ointment to exposed areas such as the face or lips before going out in strong sunlight as it can burn. Instead, use the salve last thing at night.
Please Do A Patch Test Before First Use!
We recommend customers patch test on an unaffected area close to the affected area before use (leave for 24 hours) as some people may be allergic to herbs, oils or beeswax. Do not use if you are sensitive or allergic to any of the ingredients in this product.
You might know Skin Salvation as a really rich emollient for sensitive or eczema-prone skin, but did you know you can use it for countless other little skin emergencies as well?
A Family Essential: Keep A Pot Of Skin Salvation Handy!
The ointment works as an effective yet breathable barrier over any little areas of broken skin, as well as being a fantastically rich moisturiser for rough, dry or cracked areas. It’s so useful that many families call it their Magic Cream!
How Do You Use Your Balmonds?
- To take the sting out of grazed knees and elbows
- To protect minor cuts as they heal
- As an effective natural balm for dry lips
- For sore noses in winter
- To soften rough or cracked skin: leave it on overnight under cotton socks to work its magic on cracked heels.
- To care for the really delicate area around the eyes
- As a barrier cream for nappy changes For teething babies to protect against dribble rash
- For athletes, cyclists or joggers to protect against chafing
- To combat the dreaded chub rub!
- For gardeners, builders and climbers with hard working hands
- For care workers who wash their hands often and are sensitive to strong detergents
- To protect against bed sores, ulcers and pressure sores
- For make-up artists, to calm down red or blotchy skin before a big shoot
- As the perfect tattoo aftercare, nourishing and protecting newly-inked skin and reducing inflammation
- For pets: use it on sore paws, sore noses, dry skin, itchy spots, as a barrier against water and dryness. It’s used on horses as an effective ointment for sweet itch. Skin Salvation is so pure and simple that you can even use as wood polish or as leather protection, should you ever happen to have an excess!
Balmonds Skin Salvation
with hemp and beeswax
Did you know that it’s possible to get your Balmonds Skin Salvation on prescription?
Any off-list prescription is at the discretion of your GP but our skincare is prescribed to many people across the UK who find Balmonds are the only emollients their skin can tolerate.
How do you use your Balmonds? We’d love to hear from you!
We’d also like to hear from you if you have before and after photos to share: why not document your journey and let other people know if you’ve found Skin Salvation helps?
Drop us a line at email@example.com
Balmonds Skin Salvation
with hemp and beeswax
For customers from the USA and Canada
Order directly from our US website www.balmonds.com
If you require medical advice we recommend you always contact your healthcare professional.
If you or someone you are caring for seems very unwell, is getting worse or you think there's something seriously wrong, call for emergency services straight away. For general medical advice, please contact your healthcare professional, this article does not contain or replace medical advice.
Do not delay getting help if you're worried. Trust your instincts.