- Mild, unperfumed, soap and SLS-free cleanser for hair and body.
- A two-in-one product that’s non-irritating natural hair care shampoo and a body wash for sensitive skin.
- Care for hair, scalp and body without aggravating dry skin conditions.
- It's suitable for all ages (from 6 weeks), skin types and anywhere on the body.
Our Natural Shampoo & Body Wash doesn’t contain any of the irritating synthetic nasties those with allergy-prone skin might want to avoid.
Recommendations for use
- You can use it in the shower as a soap-free hand or face wash.
- As a super-mild body and hair wash for little ones with sensitive skin.
- The Lemongrass essential oil is a potent anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal essential oil, making it great to clean between toes, crotches and other body crevices.
- Whether you're using it as a body wash or a shampoo, you only need a small amount! Because it’s made with high quality natural ingredients, without any cheap fillers to bulk it out, a little goes a very long way.
Made from sustainable, natural and raw ingredients which respect the Earth as much as they care for your hair. Which also means that our two-in-one shampoo is at least 99.9% natural!
- Our Natural Shampoo & Body Wash features our special blend of biodynamic herbal tinctures - nettle, calendula, chamomile and chickweed.
- We also use natural herbal extracts and essential oils as preservatives - honeysuckle, sweet basil, clove and lemongrass - which give it a sweet, fresh, citrus scent.
- Based on gentle, plant-based cleansers that are biodegradable, non-ionic surfactants derived from sugar, corn, soy, castor oil and coconut. These gently lift dirt and grease from the hair without stripping the natural oils from the skin or irritating the scalp, avoiding the flakiness and dryness associated with synthetic detergents.
Free from soap, SLS, perfumes and parabens our Natural Shampoo & Body Wash is suitable for those prone to allergies, eczema, scalp psoriasis, dermatitis and other itchy or flaky skin conditions. For rehydration dry, flaky or sensitive scalps, try our 100% natural Scalp Oil.
"I suffer with a sensitive, flaky scalp and this shampoo is the only thing I trust on my head now! There was a noticeable difference after just one wash and the first time I didn't wake myself up with an itchy scalp!"
- Aqua (water)
- Decyl Glucoside*
- Heyptyl Glucoside*
- Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein*
- Oryza Sativa Extract (rice bran)
- Cellulose Gum
- Sesamum Indicum (sesame) seed oil
- Cymbopogon Citratus (lemongrass) leaf oil
- Stellaria Media (chickweed) extract**
- Chamomilla Recutita (chamomile) flower extract***
- Urtica Dioica (nettle) extract**
- Citric Acid (nature-identical)
- Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower extract
- Calendula Officinalis (calendula) flower extract**
- Ocimum Basilicum Extract (sweet basil) extract
- Eugenia Caryophyllus (clove) bud oil
- Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract
- Alcohol (from tictures)
- Citral, Eugenol (from essential oils)
*gentle, biodegradable, plant-based non-ionic surfactants derived from sugar, corn, soy, castor oil or coconut
Our products are handmade using natural ingredients; as such the product may vary in appearance from time to time but this will not affect the quality of the product.
This product does not contain nuts, gluten, lanolin or palm oil.
Our Hair & Scalp Range is entirely free from synthetic perfumes and colours, petrochemicals, parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, SLS/SLES, PEGs, methylisothiazolinone (MI) and methylchloroisothiazolinone (MCI).
Directions for use
You only need a small amount!
Because Balmonds Natural Shampoo & Body Wash is a genuinely natural product which hasn’t had synthetic ingredients added for cosmetic reasons, expect it to produce less foam when massaged into the hair or lathered on the skin; it will have just as effective a cleansing effect, without build-up of product or toxins. It may take a couple of weeks of use to get into the swing of using a natural SLS-free shampoo, so give it time! And remember: a little goes a long way.
- Thoroughly wet your hair with warm (not hot) water before applying Natural Shampoo & Body Wash, so that it can be well distributed over your hair.
- Use your usual amount of shampoo or less: although our Natural Shampoo & Body Wash doesn’t lather as much as conventional shampoo, it is still effectively cleansing and clarifying your hair. Experiment with what amount works best for you.
- Apply more water, instead of more product. Key point here! If you’re struggling to get as much lather as you expected when washing your hair, apply more water instead of more product.
- Massage the shampoo thoroughly into the scalp and hair.
- Rinse thoroughly and repeat. Without so much foaming action, it can take a bit more work to remove the dirt and oil from your hair. The second shampooing really lifts it out and cleans your hair but also allows the botanical nutrients to get to work effectively on your scalp.
- Rinse your hair really thoroughly.
For the occasional deeply-conditioning and moisturising boost use Scalp Oil every few weeks: just massage the all-natural blend of nutrient-rich antimicrobial oils into your scalp before bed, cover the pillow with a towel and wash off in the morning with the Natural Shampoo & Body Wash.
Keep cool. For external use only.
We recommend customers patch test on an unaffected area close to the affected area before use (leave for 24 hours) as some people may be allergic even to the very gentle ingredients we use in this product.
Do not use if you are sensitive or allergic to any of the ingredients in this product.
Our money back guarantee.
All our products have a 60 day money back guarantee, so if you are not completely happy with the results we will refund you.
Also known as marigold and famed for its intense golden-orange flowers, calendula is grown for us in the UK and used for its natural anti-inflammatory, regenerative properties
Grown for us in the UK and traditionally used as a natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory to soothe itchiness, chickweed is also rich in gamma-linoleic acid and other essential nutrients that the skin needs to repair and regenerate
Astringent and stimulation, unusually rich in vitamins and nutrients, nettle is said to reduce the heat and itch associated with eczema
Sweetly smelling and notoriously calming, Roman Chamomile has traditionally been used to soothe inflamed and reddened skin
Citrus-scented, invigorating essential oil, used for its potent antimicrobial properties