Balmonds are seeking a Dermatologist to act as a Clinical Evaluator for the classification of a Class I Medical Device. This is a one-off short term project that we expect to take approximately half a day to complete. However we would also welcome the opportunity to develop a relationship with a dermatologist for future projects and collaborations.
As a general principle, the clinical evaluator should possess knowledge of the following:
- research methodology (including clinical investigation design and biostatistics);
- information management (e.g. scientific background or librarianship qualification; experience with relevant databases such as Embase and Medline);
- regulatory requirements; and
- medical writing (e.g. post-graduate experience in a relevant science or in medicine; training and experience in medical writing, systematic review and clinical data appraisal).
With respect to the particular device under evaluation, the evaluators should in addition have knowledge of:
- the device technology and its application;
- diagnosis and management of the conditions intended to be diagnosed or managed by the device (eczema and psoriasis), knowledge of medical alternatives, treatment standards and technology (e.g. specialist clinical expertise in the relevant medical specialty).
The evaluators should have at least the following training and experience in the relevant field:
- a degree from higher education in the respective field and 5 years of documented professional experience; or
- 10 years of documented professional experience if a degree is not a prerequisite for a given task.
Application deadline: 30/09/2023