- Rich, oil-based and made with beeswax to lock in moisture.
- Dermatologist approved for sensitive skin.
- Suitable for all ages*, skin types and anywhere on the body.
- Free from synthetic additives, fragrances, parabens or paraffin.
Our award-winning all natural moisturiser was originally created as an emollient for highly sensitive skin. It’s gentle formulation with 100% natural ingredients reduces the risk of skin irritation.
Recommendations for use
- Suitable for people with eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and other dry skin conditions.
- Keep skin soft, supple and well-hydrated.
- Safe to use anywhere on your body including face, hands, scalp and feet.
- Perfect for tattoo aftercare, soothing sore skin from PPE, rock climbing hands, paw protection for pets and much more.
If it’s your first time using Skin Salvation, we recommend you do a patch test before using the ointment more widely.
- Our Skin Salvation balm includes beeswax and safflower oil to provide intensive hydration for dry and sore skin.
- Apply anywhere on the body as thickly as required. But avoid applying to exposed skin such as the face, if you’re in direct sunlight.
- A great method is to use Skin Salvation before bed, letting the emollient moisturise and nourish your skin overnight.
For a lighter, more easily absorbed moisturiser, try our shea butter-based Daily Moisturising Cream, either instead of, or in conjunction with Skin Salvation.
* From 6 weeks up
“I've been using this product for just over a week now and the results are fantastic. The eczema is clearing and my skin is getting back to normal.”
Miss Rosalind Pyne
- Olea Europaea (olive) fruit oil*
- Cera Alba (beeswax)
- Carthamus Tinctorius (safflower) seed oil*
- Cannabis Sativa (hemp) seed oil*
- Aqua and alcohol (from tinctures)
- Calendula Officinalis (calendula) flower extract**
- Chamomilla Recutita (chamomile) flower extract*
- Stellaria Media (chickweed) extract**
- Urtica Dioica (nettle) extract**
Our products are hand made using natural ingredients; as such the product may vary in appearance from time to time but this will not affect the quality of the product. Does not contain nuts, soya, coconut, gluten or palm oil.
Directions for use
The ointment can safely be applied to any part of the body as thickly and as often as needed.
If it’s a cold day then the ointment can be quite firm which makes it harder to apply; this is perfectly normal and is just a quality of the natural beeswax we use. You can warm up a small amount of the salve in your hand or fingers before use; that’ll make it much easier to smooth on.
If your skin is really dry and in need of some intensive hydration, it can be really helpful to apply a good thick layer of ointment before bed and leave it on overnight. If you do this, we’d advise wearing old pyjamas as the salve can stain over time.
You can also use the ointment as the emollient in an overnight wet wrap treatment. In a similar way, you can apply the ointment to hands or feet last thing at night and wear under fine cotton/silk socks or gloves overnight to really boost the moisturising effect.
To reduce the risk of infection, use freshly-washed fingers or a spoon to scoop out the ointment and if you are using on infected skin, take care not to spread the salve from an infected area to other areas.
Skin Salvation can be used in conjunction with prescribed emollients and steroid creams.
As the salve is oil-based, please be careful when you’re out in the sunshine! We’d advise that you don’t apply ointment to exposed areas such as the face or lips before going out in strong sunlight as it can burn. Instead, use the salve last thing at night.
When applying moisturisers please remember to treat your precious skin with great care! Apply any emollients in the direction of your hair follicles to reduce the risk of further skin irritation or damage and try not to rub the skin.
The ointment is safe for use on babies (from six weeks) and children. It can be safely used on any area of the body, including your face, hands, scalp and feet.
We recommend customers patch test on an unaffected area close to the affected area before use (leave for 24 hours) as some people may be allergic to herbs, oils or beeswax. Do not use if you are sensitive or allergic to any of the ingredients in this product.
Our money back guarantee.
All our products have a 60 day money back guarantee, so if you are not completely happy with the results we will refund you.
Also known as marigold and famed for its intense golden-orange flowers, calendula is grown for us in the UK and used for its natural anti-inflammatory, regenerative properties
Grown for us in the UK and traditionally used as a natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory to soothe itchiness, chickweed is also rich in gamma-linoleic acid and other essential nutrients that the skin needs to repair and regenerate
Pure, minimally-processed and local, beeswax makes a fantastic waterproof and antimicrobial barrier to protect damaged skin and lock in moisture
A highly nutritious skin food, rich in EFAs and brilliant at improving the skin’s ability to retain moisture and keep cell membranes flexible
An exceptionally light, easily-absorbed oil incredibly rich in skin-nourishing linoleic acid, excellent for keeping sensitive skin in good, soft, supple condition.
Packed full of potent antioxidants, essential fatty acids (EFAs) and vitamins to help maintain healthy, nourished skin
Astringent and stimulation, unusually rich in vitamins and nutrients, nettle is said to reduce the heat and itch associated with eczema
Sweetly smelling and notoriously calming, Roman Chamomile has traditionally been used to soothe inflamed and reddened skin