How to Use
Balmonds Daily Scar Oil
A luxurious blend of oils famed for their regenerative and conditioning purposes: lavender, chamomile, calendula, rosehip and palmarosa. Packed with nutrients, vitamins and EFAs, our oil was formulated for daily use to soften and smooth fine lines, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, or mature skin.
What is it used for?
- As a night-time facial oil
- Conditioning treatment for hyperpigmentation
- Hydrate and rejuvenate the delicate skin under the eyes
- Reduce the appearance of stretch marks and scars
- Refine the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and blemishes
- On sensitive skin after radiotherapy or chemotherapy
- Enrich your favourite moisturiser - just add a few drops to the cream
- A nourishing nail and cuticle oil
- Balance uneven skin tone, including pregnancy-related melasma
- Make any area of skin softer, smoother and more supple
- Improve the appearance acne scars
- Hydrate and nourish dehydrated, delicate or ageing skin
- Increase skin’s elasticity on pregnant bellies and perineums
Directions for use
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly before applying any kind of emollient to your skin! Gently massage the oil onto any area of skin you wish to treat with soft pats in the direction of your hair follicles – best applied on slightly damp skin to really lock in that moisture. Once applied, do not expose your skin to strong sunlight, as the salve is oil-based and can thus cause sunburn much faster, even when wearing SPF.
For scars and impurities, we advise applying morning and night for at least six weeks once the skin has healed over. Improvement will depend on various things, such as where on the body the damage is, how long it's been there, how deep the damage goes, difference from surrounding skin, and overall health and wellbeing.
“I find this Rosehip Scar Oil great for the skin on my neck and chest. My mum also uses it on her mature, aging skin and finds that it’s great at reducing signs of aging.”
Patch test first
As with any new skincare product, we always advise you patch test a tiny amount of the oil behind the ear or in the crook of your elbow for at least 24 hours before widespread use. Visit our Patch Test page for a detailed guide.
Please visit our Patch Test page for more information.
For a natural facial cleanser to clean the delicate skin of the face before applying a richer moisturiser, try our Omega Rich Cleansing Oil.
Please visit our Cleansing Oil page for more information.
Share your story
How do you use your Balmonds?
If any of our products have helped you in your skincare journey, we’d love to hear about it.
Share your before and after photos and tell us about your experience on our Share your Story page, and we’ll give you a free product of your choice.