Washing hard-working hands several times a day with soap and water can leave them with a damaged skin barrier, opening them up to irritation and inflammation, especially if you’re already prone to eczema or psoriasis.
Try these tips to keep them in the best possible condition:
- Wash with luke-warm, not piping hot, water
- Use a gentle, ph-neutral foaming wash rather than a high alkaline bar soap
- Pat dry(ish: you don’t want them bone dry) with a clean paper towel - and dispose of the towel in a bin!
- Moisturise slightly-damp hands immediately
- Keep moisturising throughout the day, even when you’re not washing your hands
- Give hands a super-boost of nourishing balm at night: apply generously then wear thin cotton gloves overnight
- Choose oil-based balms rather than creams if your skin is cracked, sore or bleeding
For customers from the USA and Canada
Order directly from our US website www.balmonds.com
If you require medical advice we recommend you always contact your healthcare professional.
If you or someone you are caring for seems very unwell, is getting worse or you think there's something seriously wrong, call for emergency services straight away. For general medical advice, please contact your healthcare professional, this article does not contain or replace medical advice.
Do not delay getting help if you're worried. Trust your instincts.