Here come the lovely sunny days, accompanied inevitably by high pollen counts and all the usual dreaded symptoms of hayfever. For hayfever sufferers, summer can be plagued by streaming eyes and noses, blocked nose, headaches, weariness, itchy rashes and constant sneezing.
In an effort to make your life a bit less uncomfortable, we present our top ten most effective strategies for fighting back against the summer curse!
- When outside, wear large sunglasses as a barrier against pollens.
- Use fans, cool water spritzes, or damp cloths on the eyes to cool itchy skin down.
- Apply Balmonds Cooling Cream to localised rashes or itchy areas.
- Increase your resilience to histamine by switching to a nutritious anti-inflammatory diet.
- Apply a fine layer of Skin Salvation around the eyes and nose to trap pollen and to act as a barrier to protect skin from tears and sneezes.
- Close windows and dry laundry inside to keep your home and clothes pollen free.
- Keep skin healthy, resilient and well-moisturised with Daily Moisturising Cream or Skin Salvation; this supports the skin barrier function to keep allergens out of the blood stream.
- Take lukewarm or cool showers often so you can wash that pollen right out of your hair!
- Change clothes when you come inside to get rid of allergens you’ve picked up outside.
- Find the right antihistamine: what works for your friends might not work for you so try a few different ones.