We may not know exactly what causes some people to be more prone to acne rosacea (or papulopustular/subtype 2 rosacea) than others, but there are definite things that can provoke flare-ups!
The full list of these triggers is quite extensive, and individual sufferers are certainly more susceptible to some triggers than others, but the top six triggers cover the most common things that aggravate or cause a rosacea flare-up.
- Weather: sun exposure; hot or cold weather; wind; humidity
- Stress: anxiety; emotional upset; anger; extreme emotions
- Heat: hot weather; overheated environments; hot drinks; long, hot baths
- Exercise: strenuous activity; sweating
- Diet: particularly alcohol and spicy food
- Toiletries: irritating skincare ingredients; fragrance
Balmonds Scalp Oil with tea tree, nettle, borage & rosemary (£14.99 for 50ml): apply as a topical rescue oil, dabbing on spots as required.
Balmonds Daily Moisturising Cream with shea butter, calendula and hemp (from £13.99 for 100ml): a nourishing but non-comedogenic daily moisturiser, for use anywhere on the body, face and hands.
Balmonds Intensive Facial Oil with rosehip, calendula, lavender & chamomile (£22 for 30ml): a rich, regenerative oil to help balance and restore sensitive skin.