While perioral dermatitis is a frustrating condition to pin down, there are a few common culprits it’s always worth considering when trying to manage flare-ups.
Here's our list of the eight most likely triggers for perioral dermatitis:
- Topical corticosteroid creams
- Fluoride in toothpaste
- Inflammatory triggers in diet
- Hormonal fluctuations (both from birth control and menstrual cycles)
- Cosmetics (irritant ingredients in make-up & skincare such as perfume, preservatives, soap etc.)
- Sulphates/sulfates in shampoos (SLS, SLES, ALS etc.)
- Environmental factors: strong wind, sunshine etc.
For further information about what you can do holistically to manage flare-ups, see our blog on How To Treat Perioral Dermatitis.
Balmonds Scalp Oil with tea tree, rosemary & borage (f14.99 for 50ml)
Balmonds Daily Moisturising Cream with hemp & shea (from £13.99 for 100ml)
Balmonds Rosehip Scar Oil with rosehip & calendula (£18.99 for 50ml)
Balmonds Natural Shampoo & Body Wash with nettle and chamomile (£19 for 200ml)
For customers from the USA and Canada
Order directly from our US website www.balmonds.com
If you require medical advice we recommend you always contact your healthcare professional.
If you or someone you are caring for seems very unwell, is getting worse or you think there's something seriously wrong, call for emergency services straight away. For general medical advice, please contact your healthcare professional, this article does not contain or replace medical advice.
Do not delay getting help if you're worried. Trust your instincts.