While perioral dermatitis is a frustrating condition to pin down, there are a few common culprits it’s always worth considering when trying to manage flare-ups.
Here's our list of the eight most likely triggers for perioral dermatitis:
- Topical corticosteroid creams
- Fluoride in toothpaste
- Inflammatory triggers in diet
- Hormonal fluctuations (both from birth control and menstrual cycles)
- Cosmetics (irritant ingredients in make-up & skincare such as perfume, preservatives, soap etc.)
- Sulphates/sulfates in shampoos (SLS, SLES, ALS etc.)
- Environmental factors: strong wind, sunshine etc.
For further information about what you can do holistically to manage flare-ups, see our blog on How To Treat Perioral Dermatitis.
Balmonds Scalp Oil with tea tree, rosemary & borage (f14.99 for 50ml)
Balmonds Daily Moisturising Cream with hemp & shea (from £13.99 for 100ml)
Balmonds Rosehip Scar Oil with rosehip & calendula (£18.99 for 50ml)
Balmonds Natural Shampoo & Body Wash with nettle and chamomile (£19 for 200ml)
This article is not written by medical professionals, it is based on opinion and publicly available information. For medical advice please contact your healthcare professional.