The best moisturiser for tattoo aftercare is one that:
- Doesn’t irritate your healing skin!
- Protects from infection and irritants
- Nourishes healing skin with the essential fatty acids and vitamins it needs to repair itself
- Soothes itchiness
- Calms inflammation
- Is free from irritants such as fragrance, preservatives, colourants, lanolin, alcohol etc.
- Doesn’t contain occlusive petroleum jelly or paraffin which prevent skin from breathing
- Contains natural antimicrobials to protect against infection
- Contains humectants for intensive hydration
Skin Salvation, being 100% natural, and free from any artificial ingredients, unsurprisingly ticks all those boxes. In fact, we’d go so far as to say that it’s the perfect natural herbal tattoo salve, as it improves both the healing time and healing quality of new tattoos.
Skin Salvation’s plus points include:
- It’s anhydrous (water-free) so is both gentle on the skin and free from alcohol or preservatives/
- It’s rich in hemp seed oil, which is a perfectly nutritious base, providing the EFAs, vitamins and antioxidants that healing skin needs.
- Contains biodynamic calendula, which is a renowned natural anti-inflammatory, used to soothe sensitive skin.
- Contains nettle, chickweed and chamomile tinctures are included for their calming, anti-itching properties.
- Contains beeswax, which is a natural humectant, drawing water into the skin
- Beeswax is also a brilliant semi-occlusive protective barrier, that lets the skin breathe but blocks microbes and external irritants
- Beeswax is also naturally antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial!
So, although we’re biased, we do happen to think that Skin Salvation is the perfect solution to tattoo healing. But don’t take our word for it - ask the professionals!